Hello, dear readers. If you want to lose weight, but don't want to be on a grueling diet, you need to read this article to the end. We have an attractive offer for you. This is a keto diet for weight loss. Did you know that recent studies have shown that not only sugar but also cholesterol are reduced with this diet? Haven't you heard that? Then it's time to find out, because it's a sure-fire way to get rid of body fat and dramatically improve your health without giving up most of your favorite dishes - meat, fish, seafood. an offer? So read on!
What type of diet is it and for whom is it suitable
What is the keto diet? This is a type of diet in which the intake of carbohydrates and protein is drastically reduced, but the intake of fat increases. BJU may look like this - 10%: 80%: 10%.
Essentially, keto is a low-carb or zero-carb form of diet. Its main goal is to achieve ketosis, which is the carbohydrate starvation state of the cells. But isn't that bad for your health? Yes, ketosis is undesirable because it has its own side effects, but if you control how it progresses, you can benefit. Additionally, the state of ketosis is more familiar to the body than, say, overeating, as ketosis occurs at a certain stage of the hunger strike, which as we know was more acceptable and familiar toour ancestors than eating 5 times a day.
Note! The keto diet is a safe alternative to fasting for weight loss which is also based on ketosis.
How does weight loss work? Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. All cells need it, as does the brain. With a sharp reduction in the consumption of carbohydrates, the level of glucose in the blood decreases, the body experiences an energy deficit (I wrote in more detail about carbohydrates, how much to eat per day and what kind of diet to lose weight). He looks for alternative sources of "fuel", ketosis begins. As a result, fat is used for energy. With the start of the keto diet, they are no longer stored "on reserve", but are actively separated, which is what weight loss requires.
Note! Ketosis begins on day 2 of the carb-free diet. To get weight loss results, you need to stick with it for at least 3 months.
This food is suitable for men and women who have problems not only with weight, but also with health. The keto diet is medicinal. It was originally developed for the treatment of epilepsy, but then began to be used in the treatment of other diseases, especially neurological and psychiatric:
- multiple sclerosis; Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease;
- insulin resistance;
- hormonal disorders related to estrogen, progesterone and prolactin;
- deficiency of fat soluble vitamins
Clinical studies have proven the diet's effectiveness even in fighting cancer.
The keto diet was originally developed as a therapeutic method to treat certain illnesses. Its effectiveness is based on complex biochemical processes and if something goes wrong, the opposite effect is likely. Instead of benefits, you can harm the body.
Therefore the diet cannot be applied without consulting a doctor. He will tell you how to start eating well with the least damage to your health.
Note! While on the diet, the doctor may even order a test to determine the level of ketones in the blood. High values are dangerous for health and indicate a cessation of diet.
The absolute contraindication to the keto diet is:
- immunodeficiency state;
- kidney disease;
- severe chronic gastrointestinal illnesses;
To avoid unpleasant surprises, losing weight should definitely check your health before starting a diet.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are pros and cons of the keto diet for weight loss. It is worth knowing them in advance so that later there is no disappointment.
Let's start with the merits. There are several:
- the diet does not undergo significant changes, the menu changes, but not much;
- due to a sufficiently high calorie content of food, there is no feeling of hunger, the likelihood of nervous breakdowns decreases;
- you can follow a keto diet for a long time, it does not harm your health;
- the result you get remains forever (if you stick to good nutrition all the time). The
- diet will provide the body with the necessary fat-soluble vitamins for a long time, vitamin D (I wrote about the importance of vitamin for immunity and bones), A, E (youthful vitamin) and K (normalizes blood coagulation).
We can now talk about the gaps. For starters, the weight slowly disappears. The first 2-3 weeks of significant changes shouldn't be expected, but they certainly will be. If you give up carbs completely or suddenly switch to a diet, the following complications are likely:
- decreased mental capacity;
- exacerbation of pancreatitis.
It is necessary to understand that the keto diet cannot meet the body's normal nutrient needs because the BJU ratio is violated. But all of this is possible if the ratio of BJU is 10/80/10%. An unbalanced diet can lead to health problems. Due to the high fat content, liver problems are likely and a deficiency of dietary fiber from vegetables and fruits leads to gastrointestinal upset.
But! The last mini-study in a group of up to 100 people. and over a six month period on a ketogenic diet showed:
- Weight loss.
- Decreased blood sugar.
- Reduce bad cholesterol.
For more details, watch the video later in the article!
Girls, larger-scale, long-term studies have yet to be conducted, so we don't know the effect of this diet on the body for longer periods of time!
What results can be achieved
How much and how much can you lose weight? The forecasts are promising. Even if you do nothing and leave the same calorie intake, but eat on the principle of a keto diet, then in 3 months you can lose 10 kg. But this is not the maximum.
The result depends on the thinnest. If he starts going to the gym and also reduces his calorie content, the weight will disappear with the speed of the wind. However, it is important not to overdo it, drastic weight loss is a great stress on the body, which can lead to health problems.
Important! With the keto diet, all strength sports and excessive physical activity are prohibited because the muscles are deficient in “fuel”.
Main and prohibited foods
The menu must contain dishes prepared with approved products. What can you eat? It is worth choosing products from the list:
- meat - pork, beef, rabbit and poultry;
- lard, offal;
- fish - sea fat;
- seafood - mussels, shrimp, squid;
- nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts;
- sunflower, olive oil;
- low-fat milk, butter, fermented milk products - cream, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- vegetables - mushrooms, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, herbs;
- fruits - avocados, citrus, apples.
The diet can stay the same, three or four meals a day will be enough, but the last meal should not be later than 2-3 hours before bedtime. The portion size should also be reduced, but the amount of liquid you drink should reach 1. 5 liters per day.
Foods rich in carbohydrates are prohibited. DON'T EAT List:
- fruits (except those that are allowed);
- vegetables with a high starch content;
- dried fruits;
- sugar, sweet and sour dairy products;
- chocolate, candies;
- flour products, cakes, pastries;
- cereals, bran;
- semi-finished products, fast food; sausages
- alcoholic, carbonated and sweet drinks.
When consuming fruits and vegetables, the daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 20-50g.
Menu of the week
When composing the menu of the week, it is necessary to correctly calculate the BJU, since the effectiveness of the diet depends on it. To avoid the feeling of hunger or apathy for food, it is worth diversifying the diet by preparing new dishes.
Each day's menu might look like this:
- Monday.Breakfast - 2 eggs boiled or fried in sunflower oil. You can have a lawyer for a snack. Lunch - cooked zucchini, seasoned with cream, a portion of chicken. Dinner - chopped beef cabbage rolls, fermented baked milk.
- Tuesday.Breakfast - cottage cheese with sour cream. Lunch - fish soup, carrot salad, grated cheese and nuts. Dinner is a stew.
- Wednesday.Breakfast - ham omelet. Lunch - cooked mushrooms with cheese, green salad. Dinner - fish stew.
- Thursday.Breakfast - cheesecakes. Lunch - chicken broth, boiled egg. Dinner - pork chop, kefir.
- Friday.Breakfast - ham and cheese sandwich. Lunch - mushroom broth, chicken meatballs. Dinner - pancakes with zucchini, a piece of hard cheese.
- Saturday.Breakfast - scrambled eggs. A handful of nuts for a snack. Lunch - fish soup, vegetable stew. Dinner - boiled beef, coleslaw.
- Sunday.Breakfast - sandwich with butter and salmon. Lunch - baked chicken, apple. Dinner - fish cakes, yogurt.
This is an example menu, you can make your own adjustments. If your fantasy is really bad, you should contact a nutritionist. It will give sound recommendations.
Keto Weight Loss Recipes
Recipes for delicious and easy to prepare meals:
- Cottage cheese salad.You will need 100 g of crumbly cottage cheese, 2 tbsp. each. flax and sesame seeds, a handful of spinach. Put the herbs at the bottom of the dish, then add the rest of the ingredients. You can fill 1 tbsp. l. Fresh cream.
- Chicken vegetable stew.Only authorized vegetables are taken for the dish. In our case, it is zucchini, cabbage, a little carrots and onions. Chop the vegetables, add the fried chicken fillet, season with herbs and olive oil, simmer for 1 hour.
- Lazy Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.Cook minced meat - any kind of minced meat, grated carrots, minced onions and cabbage. Shape cabbage rolls, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
Lose weight with minimal damage to health. Use only safe products. Do not use slimming capsules, as they cause enormous damage to the body.